Aaron Eric Sonego
Principal owner, RPA, APA, CMA (AU), ICMA, ICIA, IIA & ACA. Eric has been a resident of Kanata, Ontario since 1981. Eric is married with two children who are successful and living away from home. Eric is fluent in three languages Spanish, French and English.
Over the past several years I have worked with a variety of business & entrepreneurial organizations, assisting them in instituting or expanding in their management practices. My particular skills are in helping both private and public organizations develop their ideas and transform them into viable economic enterprises. My abilities and skills have not just been targeted to traditional entrepreneurs, but have also been used to give native community and non-profit groups the training and assistance needed to develop their enterprises.
For over 25 years I have headed a firm specializing in accounting, tax advice and management consulting to businesses and individuals in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. My client base comes from the manufacturing, non-profit and service sectors, which may be corporations, sole proprietorships, franchises or partnerships.
Other areas of expertise include working in the following areas:
- Seminar presenter and trainer for the Ottawa branch of the Federal Business Development Bank (now BDC). I gave these seminars and workshops in both official languages to business owners and managers in Eastern Ontario.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of training programs for native entrepreneurs and economic development officers. This assignment was done over a one-year period on behalf of the BDC.
- Responsible for design and delivery of an in-depth course on ‘Training the Trainers and Consultants’ to the Native Trainers of the Saskatchewan Indian Agricultural Program. The course centered on building consulting skills in business planning and management. The program was a joint effort between the Province of Saskatchewan and the Federal Government
- Developed and presented business seminars to owners and operators of aboriginal businesses for the native Indian Arts and Crafts Association of Canada.
- Responsible for business training and teaching in entrepreneurial development to Malaysian entrepreneurs; presented a two-week course to Malaysian business people on entrepreneurial management.
- Responsible for the presentation of seminars on personal financial planning and ‘Starting a Small Business’ to National Defense personnel participating in the S.C.A.N. Program.
- Responsible for the presentation of Financial Management courses for the Algonquin College Management Centre.
- Responsible for the presentation of seminars and ongoing consulting advice to businesses belonging to the entrepreneurial program of the Kanata Enterprise Centre.
- Responsible for the presentation of financial seminars on behalf of Learning Connections of Ottawa.
- Presented a series of seminars including Finance for Nonfinancial Managers for the Ottawa Board of Trade.
- Past Board member of the Local Employment Action Program Review Board for Eastern Ontario (LEAP). This was a program sponsored by the Federal Government to fester the creation of small community-based businesses in Canada.
- Developed and presented a 2-day seminar on Business Management to Ukrainian policy makers visiting Canada.
- Developed and presented a course on financial management to the management staff of the Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton.
- Developed and presented a course on ‘How to be a Business Consultant’ for the Economic Development staff of the Royal Thai Government (Thailand). This was a one-week in-depth program funded by CIDA.
- Cash flow and forecasting courses for the Ontario Turf Association (golf course managers).
- Presented seminars on cash flow and forecasting to the businesses forming part of the local Business Initiative Program of the Federal Business Development Bank.
Developed and presented seminars and workshops to Francophone business groups in Eastern Ontario.
- Presented and led financial seminars in the HRDC program to promote self-employment. This was done over a period of three years, and included topics in starting and running a business. It was given to EI recipients who were entertaining the idea of going into self-employment.
- Prepared and presented workshops on the advantages of incorporation to members of the HEIR investments in Ontario & Quebec.
- Presented tax workshops for small businesses and the self-employed for the Ottawa Entrepreneurship Centre.
- Presented Taxation Seminars for the Small Business Association of Canada
- Organized the first annual Self Employment Day Conference in 1985, a trade show where all of the businesses and organizations that support small business in Eastern Ontario were brought together. This was sponsored by the FBDB, the YMCA and the City of Ottawa.
- Past Board member of the Local Employment Action Program Review Board for Eastern Ontario.
- Past Chairman of the Ottawa YMCA’s Youth Enterprise Centre. Member of the organizing committee that launched an enterprise centre targeting and encouraging people under 25 years of age to become self-employed.
- Past Board member of West End Community Ventures, a group in charge of fostering community-based businesses for disadvantaged individuals
- 2000 to present: President and Treasurer of KanCar Community Children’s Centre
- 2003 to present: Board remember and President of KanCar
- KanCar is a large daycare with two locations in Ottawa; the company operates under the name “The Children’s Place”
- 2008 – 2009: President, Small Business Association of Canada (Ottawa)
- 2008- 2009: Board Member of West End Palliative Care Centre Development
- Treasurer of Ottawa Biosphere Eco-City
- Treasurer of the Falcons Soccer Club
- Member of the Rotary Club of South Nepean.
Financial and Policy Reviews
- Past member of consulting groups which undertook the in-depth review and study of the Canadian airline industry done for the Canadian Transport Commission.
- Past member of groups which undertook an in-depth study of the state of small business in Canada for the Federal Business Development Bank during 1986.
- Preparation of consulting study for the Department of Industry, Trade and Technology on the impact of department grants to recipients in the aerospace industry.
- Preparation of review of the Defense Industry’s Productivity Program for the Department of Industry, Science and Technology. (1993)
Eric is committed to providing our clients with excellent services. He believes with constant communication with his clients and his many years of training and knowledge will provide for a positive client service experience.
Our firm and affiliated consultants will give you the services and advice you can trust and count on.
All of us at ESPG are committed to providing our clients with a friendly personalized service.
We don’t see the numbers first, we see our clients first!
Executive Assistant to principal owner, Office Manager, Tax Technician and Payroll Administrator.
Carolann joined our team in early 2011. She has over 10 years experience working within accounting firms in Ontario and Alberta, Canada. She has completed courses in taxation for the preparation of Personal taxes for individuals and Businesses. Carolann has completed certificate courses for small business management and human resources. She completed College for Computer Repairs / IT Technician.
Carolann owned her own business in the past and she has a great understanding of what it takes for a Business to succeed. She changed her career path to work in an accounting firm because she has a passion for continually learning and enjoys working directly with clients.
In her spare time Carolann likes to read, Creative Writing, Landscape Design, Gardening, Interior Decorating, Geocaching, Antique Car Shows, she loves sports cars and spending time with her family. Carolann looks forward to providing you with friendly, professional quality client service.
ALR Bookkeeping Services
ALR Bookkeeping Services has over 25 years’ experience in bookkeeping servicing the greater Ottawa Region and surrounding areas. ALR is our firm’s outsourced bookkeeping service. For clients who are in need of bookkeeping services or training with QuickBooks and Simply accounting software.
At ALR we can provide any service as weekly, monthly or quarterly, depending on your needs. Our service offering includes:
Bookkeeping Services (On-Site, Pickup & Delivery):
- Organizing your records
- Setting up appropriate accounting software
- Entering data (Receivables and Payables)
- Processing payments of Payables
- Processing customer invoices, deposits of receivables
- Posting payroll
- Preparing month end financial statements
- Government Remittances (CRA\HST\T4’s\ROE’s)
- Preparing for year-end review
- Reconciliation of accounts (bank & credit card statements)
- CRA review & audit preparation (let us take the stress out of it for you!)
QuickBooks & Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) Training:
- Learn to use your software to benefit your business
- Training to keep accurate books and records
- Record of Employment (ROE)
- Payroll deductions and at source remittance
- Annual T4 and T4A summary
- Workers Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) remittance
FREE BOOKKEEPING ESTIMATES!
We’d love to help you out with your bookkeeping needs, whether you need to catch up on previous years, an hourly consultation, or an ongoing service.